Hello Ballet Gloria Dancers and Families,
I just wanted to write and let everyone know that, Lord willing, we will be having classes now every week through the end of April. I am so very sorry about all of the inconsistency this year:-(
Also, I've had a couple of parents ask about our next ballet performance with Ballet San Antonio. It is called Coppelia and it's a lovely, hilarious, completely clean classical ballet. It will be at the Majestic Theater on March 20 at 7:30pm and March 21 at 2:00pm. Tickets start at $27.25, but if we can get a group of ten or more to go on the same day ( to get a 10% group discount), the price per ticket drops to $24.53. If you order through Ballet San Antonio, there are no TicketMaster charges. Unfortunately, there aren't any student performances or public-viewings of rehearsals right now:-(. If you are interested in purchasing tickets, please let me know and we'll try to put together a group.
I mostly wanted to mention this because a few of you had expressed interest, but concern that the word "comedy" might reflect poorly on the moral nature of the subject matter. It is a comedy, but one that was based on a childrens' story by ETA Hoffman and choreographed in 1870 for families to enjoy. It deals with problems of betrayal and jealousy, but it highly values faithfulness, dedication, marriage, and forgiveness. The synopsis can be found at www.balletsanantonio.org (on the main page under the link to TicketMaster--don't buy tickets through these links...they'll charge you about $9 per ticket in fees). All of this being said, please don't feel at all pressured to come.
I am so grateful for all of you. You are God's gifts of grace to me.
Grace and Peace and Many Thanks
Josie